Thursday, March 10, 2011

Avery is 18 Months Old

Avery was a year and a half on the 9th and she celebrated by dislocating her elbow (nursemaid's elbow)......Yay!
It was a simple fix at the pediatricians office and then she had a good day.

Right now Avery is sound asleep in her bed for her afternoon nap, without her binkie!!! I had told her a couple of months ago that when she was 1 and a half, she had to nap without it and since yesterday's incident happened before nap time, I didn't want to make it a harder day by making her give up her pacifier too. So we waited until today and even though she wandered around her crib for 20 minutes saying "binkie" while digging through all the stuffed animals, she did eventually fall asleep. I think it was harder for me to listen to her look for it and wonder if she was ever going to be able to fall asleep than it actually was for her.

I am so proud of her for being such a big girl. Now that we have crossed that hurdle the question is "do i let her have it back at night?". She did so well, I'm afraid to confuse her, but I also don't want her waking up at night and screwing up our sleep schedules over the binkie. I guess we'll just wait and see!

I didn't have any pictures of her from yesterday, but we did go to Busch Gardens over the weekend and I have a cute video of her cuddling up with Zoe from Sesame Street for what was supposed to be a picture until I realized my camera was still on video. She was very cute walking up on the stage and snuggling right in on Zoe's lap. I'm glad she's not afraid of characters yet.



This is a video from one of the rides in the kiddie area. Miles and Chris went off to do some older kids' stuff:


Happy 18 Months, baby girl! We love you:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to my sweet little granddaughter. Eighteen months old - where did the time go. Nana loves you. Hugs and kisses.