Monday, February 15, 2010

Update - Bits and Pieces

Sorry I haven't posted much, but I am struggling to find the time to do anything. I just need like five or six more hours in the day where my kids are asleep and not having to do everything at midnight. Anyway I have lots of pictures to post, but they are still on the camera and I WILL get to them.....eventually, superbowl, valentine's day, child dedication etc.

Here's my brief update in lieu of pictures:
Avery's second tooth came in about five days after her first. She is still uncomfortable from them as they come up more, but overall she is much happier now. Miles has had a very busy month, with all of his social functions. I can barely keep up. I always feel like I am forgetting something. He was so tired yesterday, he feel asleep, sitting up, with his head on the arm of the couch at about 6pm. He only slept for about 20 minutes, but his candle was all sorts of burned out lately. Poor guy.....don't feel too bad for him though, he has been having so much fun. Now we move on to the birthday and then a visit from family for a week, so there is no slowing down.

I am still exhausted from no sleep and wish this baby would stay asleep longer than four hours so that I can return to the world of the living. My other complaint for the day is: Florida better warm up soon, because this cold is RIDICULOUS!!!! I don't even have any "ta ta's" to freeze off because they fell off with the last week long cold front we had. It's not looking up for this week either. Bummer!!!

Conversations with my child:
While watching a segment of "Planet Earth" and a montage showing the "circle of life" -
Miles - "Mommy, did the wolf kill the deer?"
Me - "Ya, but that's how it gets its food. We eat other animals too you know, cows, pigs, chickens."
Miles - "No we don't. Your so silly mommy."
Me - "Sure we do. Where do you think the chicken nugget comes from?"
Miles - Long thoughtful pause.
Miles - "McDonald's"
1 point - Miles, 0 points - Mommy

While walking through a store in the mall, pushing the stroller, I bump into a rack of clothes -
Miles - "You did that mommy!"
Miles - "You did not make a very good choice......you need to make better choices mommy!"
Me - "Thanks Miles"

No comments: