Friday, June 6, 2008

Visiting Great Grandma - Day 8



On Thursday, the day before we left to go home, we visited with my Grandmother, Aunt and Uncle, and cousin. They all live in Cleveland, OH, where I was born. We drove from NY to OH on Wednesday and then spent the entire next day with them. We had a wonderful time and I am so glad Miles got well enough to go, because if he had continued to run a fever, we were planning on cutting this portion of our trip out to get him home sooner. We lucked out and we are so happy that Miles had a chance to meet his Great Grandmother.

Getting presents




Great Grandma shares her candy


Great Grandma wants to have a catch


Miles is ready for any game


Quick lunch at Burger King


Who was harder to feed, Miles or Great Grandma?


Dinner out with my cousin Andy and his fiance' Julie,
Great Grandma, Aunt Alice and Uncle Bob


Miles really liked Great Grandma's flashlights


Nice family picture at Great Grandma's place


After lunch, we had a few hours to kill before everyone else got off of work, so Aunt Alice was nice enough to drive us around for some sightseeing and then suggest that Miles might like to ride the rides at Kiddie Park. To put it in perspective, my Grandma took my dad and his two sister(my aunts) there when they were little. When I lived in OH (until I was 8), my aunt and uncle brought me there too. It was one of the few things that Miles will do that is at least three generations old. So we were really excited to go. I am sure this was his favorite part of the whole vacation:





We had such a nice time in OH it was a shame that we only had one day. We really wanted Miles to meet his only Great Grandma and for her to meet her first and only Great Grandson. I hold this part of the trip very close to my heart, and I hope we get back to do it again real soon. Thank you so much to Aunt Alice and Uncle Bob (and of course Grandma) for making this trip so special and to my cousin Andy and his fiance' for taking the time to come visit with us while were there.

Kisses for Great Grandma

No comments: