Thursday, January 10, 2008

Great Deal

This morning my husband's shopping guru from work, notified him of a Target sale for 75% off of some of their toys. She passes along the good word often, but store super sales are not generally my scene. This time I decided to brave the "crazies" to go down and check it out. It was such an unbelievable sight to see women, old and young, with 2-3 shopping carts loaded with toys in duplicate and triplicate. We browsed a few aisles and ended up making a good deal for Miles. I got about $160 worth of toys for under $40......can't beat that. I'm not a big "sale" finder, in fact I usually kick myself for missing them, but with a birthday coming up here shortly after Christmas, I couldn't pass it up. Miles will now also being playing the drums for his birthday amidst other discounted things. This Mr. Potato Head Box/Hat- Spiderman Edition ($10 on sale for $2.50) was supposed to be a consolation prize for us hiding the other toys as soon as they came in the door, even though Miles beat on the drum through the little cellophane window of its box all the way home. He'll have forgotten all about it by February...hopefully!

No comments: