Thursday, March 8, 2007

Sugar and Spice and All That's Nice....

As I sit here surfing the web, with Elmo whining in the background, my son is tucked nicely under my arm content to watch Sesame Street, while his toys lie silently below him. It's moments like this that I never new existed preparenthood. To know that for only a brief moment he chose me over his Little People Farm or dump truck full of toys is just the greatest feeling.

Last night we received an email from our friends, the Alessandro's, announcing they would be having a baby girl. Yippee!! We can't imagine life without Miles and it makes us so happy to hear that others will soon be enjoying this amazing experience as well. Don't get me wrong......it has its moments, but overall it's a "two thumbs up" event. I say this while dragging my son back by his foot from across the couch. (He also smells like pee, because I think his diaper leaked in his crib last night, and he might have slept with his face in it.) Again, most moments are fleeting, but well worth it. It's time for me to go and ignore the crying child at my feet, meanwhile I have posted a link under "Links of Interest" to Chrissy and Rob's blog and some of the first photos of their soon to be addition.

No comments: